"...You can change. Wrap your mistakes in a cocoon and let them die, and emerge a butterfly..." -efy 2009 song

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Enough with the Cicada's!!!!!!!


YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!! Cicadas are sooo nasty! I'm tired of not being able to walk outside without being attacked by them! Eww, ewww, ewwww!!! Besides that, they are SOOOO loud! BREEIIHHHH! BREEIIHHH! So annoying. I'm still trying to figure out if they actually have a purpose. I know they must be good for SOMETHING, right??...or else they would not have been created. I'm determined to figure this out. In fact, I'm going to research it right now! Stay tuned!..............................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................Okay, so apparently cicada's aren't useless. (But I still think we could do without them!) I found that among other things, they are part of the food chain and in some countries they are, believe it or not, a source of food. Very interesting. I also found that they have quite a fascinating life cycle. If your curious, check out these links below! http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/cicadas-2011-13-year-insects-make-noisy-arrival/story?id=13582545  or http://www.cicadamania.com/cicadas/2008/06/28/what-is-the-purpose-of-cicadas/
Now I suppose I should try to look on the bright side of things! I guess it's good that the species here in Tennessee only come out every 13 years....and lots of kids have fun playing with them (gross)....and...umm...well that's all I can think of. Haha :)

3 comments:

  1. So there is a REAL purpose for them - very interesting! Those pictures of the trees look like the area by our creek. They are starting to gross me out how much they are multiplying, landing on us as we walk, flying everywhere. It is so weird to think they only come out every 13 years, though! One of our friends at a family party dared their 6-year-old to eat one. His family kept adding money and at $46 he ate it! He said it tasted like grass.... eeww! No way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwwww, they're SO grooooooooss. :P

    I'm glad we don't have to deal with them for very much longer, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm glad for that too. Thank goodness they don't have a very long life span! haha :)

    ReplyDelete